Welcome to Concealed Wisconsin! In today’s show, I’m going to vent a little, because I still haven’t gotten my Concealed Weapons License in the mail yet and I sent the application in on November 1st! Next, there are a couple of things in the news that I’d like to cover and bring to your attention, then I’ll close the programs with some thoughts from this month’s NRA Magazine “America’s First Freedoms.”
- Where is my License? I still haven’t received my Concealed Carry License yet from the Department of Justice. Now honestly, I didn’t expect it to come until December anyway, but since so many people have been talking about it online and sharing their “mail-in date” and license numbers, I’m starting to get jealous!
Wisconsin Gun News with Links:
- Police Officer experiences a Negligent Discharge at the Southridge Mall just 1 day after Concealed Carry goes into effect. Not using a holster, what can we learn from this?
- Man in Virgina dies of self inflicted gun show wound after tucking gun into waist band with no holster. Tragic reminder about holsters.
- The media misrepresented the removal of the 4-hour training requirements stating that NO Training was Required.
- Jesus Gonzalez was sentenced to 20 years in prison for a 2010 shooting. There is a test at the end of the day!
- A Milwaukee woman arrested & charged for carrying a concealed weapon while in her car. How will this affect future open carry?
Note: I misspoke during this podcast and said that Krysta Sutterfield was arrested in Brookfield for CCL violation, but it was actually Milwaukee where she was arrested.
Download your CCL application today!
Thank you for listening to this podcast. Please leave us feedback!
Concealed Wisconsin is a unique online community and we encourage you to become part of it. Looking for ways to get connected? Leave us a comment, become a fan on Facebook, or leave us feedback on the Concealed Carry Feedback Hotline at 608-305-GUNS – that’s (608) 305-4867.
Contact Concealed Wisconsin
To contact the host of this program with questions, show ideas, or any other reason, email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.