With all the discussion about Stand Your Ground Laws and the Castle Doctrine in the news, I thought it would be practical to show you this info-graphic depicting the laws in various states. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the creator’s name on it, so I can’t give them credit – so if you know who it is, please let me know so I can link to their site.
Keep in mind the crime rates in the United States:
- Property Crimes – 28,800 per day (1 every 3 seconds)
- Burglaries – 8,640 per day (1 every 10 seconds)
- Violent Crimes – 4,320 per day (1 every 20 seconds)
- Grave Assaults – 2,468 per day (1 every 35 seconds)
- Robberies – 1,440 per day (1 every minute)
- Forcible Rapes – 720 per day (1 every 2 minutes)
1 out of 5 homes will experience a break-in or home invasion.
- 8,000+ home invasions occur in the United States every day!
- 60% of rapes occur in home invasions.
- 38% of assaults occur in home invasions.